Why is it when I put ketchup on the kids plates for dipping, they end up eating it like a side dish?!?! The aftermath of Sully's ketchup side dish at lunch today!
A couple of other laughable stories from my attempt to build a Lego police boat and off road command center with Riley this afternoon. Apparently I am not the best at following directions...I was off by one little peg on the boat and we had to re-do a few pages of instructions once we figured it out. I said, "Oh, man...I screwed this up!" when I realized it. About ten minutes later Riley says, "Mommy, I need to go to the bathroom..." and as he is running away he says very matter of factly, "Don't build anything without me...I don't want you to screw it up!" Ouch!!!
And just a few minutes later we were putting wheels on a police truck and I said, "Riley, I don't think they go on that way." Riley says, "Yes, they do, mom...look at the picture." I looked closer and sure enough Riley was right. He says, "See mom...I told you. You need to pay attention." Ouch again!!!
So needless to say I am going to leave the Lego building to the engineer and his little prodigy...I think I'll stick with the business and finances!